Re: Question about Gnome 2.16.1

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 18:58 +0100, christopherl bredband net wrote:
> Hello
>
> Are you the right guy to ask how I can disable tooltips in Gnome 2.16.1 on a Ubuntu 6.10?
>
>   thanks very much.

This is not the right list. I'm not sure what one is--I'm not sure if
you are asking about disabling tooltips that appear in your web browser
while visiting www.gnome.org or disabling tooltips in GNOME 2.16.1

However, You may find an answer at https://answers.launchpad.net/ where
Ubuntu volunteers can help.

I don't think you can disable all tooltips from GNOME because that
introduces usability problems for most users. I do know that you can run
gconf-editor from he command line to explore all the application and
system settings. I see that you can disable panel tooltips by unchecking
tooltips_enabled in apps � panel � global

Good luck.

sinzui is verizon net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.