Re: Use of the name 'Linux' to refer to GNU/Linux

<quote who="Guy Johnston">

> As a different point, I'm often surprised by how many people don't know
> that the GNOME project is part of the GNU project (I didn't know that when
> I first started using GNU/Linux).

> To stop as many people making that mistake, I'd also like it if the
> relationship between GNOME and GNU was made more clear on the website.

We're a GNU project by association only, not by purpose, leadership or even
sponsorship. While we have a good relationship with the FSF, GNOME being a
GNU project is not really very relevant for either organisation. We're good
at doing different things.

Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

  "Whether you want to set fire to old institutions or to build whole new
               ones, nothing beats a good blog." - Doc Searls