Re: Gnome Web Theme update

On Tue, 2007-12-18 at 18:02 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> Sorry, it doesn't look like anyone has any real screenshots. The best I
> could do are some maybe-outdated screenshots of the header block from
> bugzilla bug reports. Feel free to send me screenshots of what you have
> directly for feedback.
>
> Do your porting efforts seem to be working out? I presume that this is
> the major obstacle to having the buildout work as expected. Thanks for
> picking up the pieces.
>

> I noticed that Ramon added back the MainPage directory. I don't know
> what it is, or how it is used, or if it makes any difference. But maybe
> it's useful to you.
>
> I also noticed that there's still this warning when doing the buildout.
> I guess that makes sense to you:
> murrayc murrayc-desktop:~/svn/gnome220/gnomeweb-plone/trunk/wgo.buildout
> $ ./bin/buildout
> Develop:
> '/home/murrayc/svn/gnome220/gnomeweb-plone/trunk/wgo.buildout/src/gnome.theme'
> /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py:173:
> UserWarning: Unbuilt egg for gnome.theme [unknown version]
> (/home/murrayc/svn/gnome220/gnomeweb-plone/trunk/wgo.buildout/src/gnome.theme)

This is what I currently have. Sadly, I haven't been working on this as
the last couple of days have been spent preparing for this holiday
season. I'll continue work probably Friday/Saturday this week.

The MainPage directory is for the MainPage product which provides a
"Mainpage". This references projects like Evince, etc. It's looks to be
primarily able to add new projects to the overall site having the same
exact look and feel.

The other error is because the current Gnome.theme will not work with
Plone3. Hopefully when porting is complete it looks similar if not
exactly as it used to. Being that I can't verify, we will take to
winging it and asking for feedback as porting nears completion.

Ramon said he's working on some RSS stuff which will replace the usage
of CMFSin to him using feedparser. That would change the templating
stuff in MainPage and maybe Gnome.theme somewhere but whenever that is
complete i'll just merge with his code and release patches for vetting.

--
Christopher Warner
cwarner kernelcode com