Re: Ok to redirect http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/ to GNOME Library?

On Sun, 2007-08-26 at 23:36 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2007 at 06:38:29PM +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > > As GNOME Library is now good enough to redirect the existing pages. I've
> > > added the following redirects to developer.gnome.org:
> > >   RedirectMatch permanent ^/doc/API/2.0/at-spi/(.*)$ http://library.gnome.org/devel/at-spi-cspi/unstable/$1
> > >   RedirectMatch permanent ^/doc/API/2.0/gail/(.*)$ http://library.gnome.org/devel/gail-libgail-util/unstable/$1
> > >   RedirectMatch permanent ^/doc/API/2.0/ORBit/(.*)$ http://library.gnome.org/devel/ORBit2/unstable/$1
> > >   RedirectMatch permanent ^/doc/API/2.0/libgsf/(.*)$ http://library.gnome.org/devel/gsf/unstable/$1
> > >   RedirectMatch permanent ^/doc/API/2.0/([^/]+)/(.*)$ http://library.gnome.org/devel/$1/unstable/$2
> > >
> > > Some documentation had different names and are correctly redirected. The
> > > rest uses a generic redirect. As soon as Frederic adds more
> > > documentation to libgo, I'll redirect the overview page as well
> > > (http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/).
> >
> > What extra documentation is needed, by the way?
>
> Everything on the page:
>
> Some copy/pasting from a chatlog:
> | http://www.gnome.org/~mathieu/libart/libart.html <-- copyright 2001, wtf?
> is a link now
>
> | libxml + libxslt point to elsewhere, not sure if
> have since been added as links
>
> | gstreamer as well
> also a link

Yes, for instance, library.gnome.org currently links to freedesktop.org.
I wonder why we don't just host the documentation for this in
library.gnome.org.

> | do we have libgda?
> no idea

Yeah, it would be nice to have this.

> | and of course gtkmm
> on libgo

Until gtkmm can be fully supported on library.gnome.org (there's some
work to do there still, mostly by me), I guess that should just link to
gtkmm.org's documentation page for now.

I CCed gnome-web-list instead of gtk-devel-list, because that seemed
more useful.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com