Re: Ok to redirect http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/ to GNOME Library?

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

>   - This one may need changes in gtk-doc, but would be very useful if we
> could have something like
> http://library.gnome.org/developers/pango/symbols/pango_layout_set_text
> and have it work.  In fact, what would be more useful would be to make
> http://library.gnome.org/pango_layout_set_text redirect to where it
> should.  That's how php.net works and it has been extremely useful.  If
> I want to read docs for the function phpinfo(), I go to
> http://php.net/phpinfo

Olav, I implemented that yesterday, but it is disabled by default.

To ~/.lgorc, you should add:
  symbols_dbm_filepath = '/path/to/libgo-api'

libgo will then create /path/to/libgo-api.db (python dbm module
automatically adds .db).

You will have to setup the virtual host with sth like this:
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteMap symbolsmap dbm:/path/to/libgo-api.db

  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^q=(.*)$
  RewriteRule ^/api/lookup ${symbolsmap:%1}? [R,NE,L]

  RewriteRule ^/api/(.*) ${symbolsmap:$1} [R,NE,L]

I deployed this on my test server,
  http://lgo.0d.be/api/PANGO_VERSION
(libgo-api.db is around 5 Mb).

And I also added a form to http://lgo.0d.be/devel/api .