Re: library.gnome.org and doxygen

Murray Cumming wrote:

> Frederic, I'd like it if we could upload our doxygen-based documentation
> to library.gnome.org:
> http://www.gtkmm.org/documentation.shtml
>
> We have some DocBook documentation in the tarball
> (in docs/tutorial/gtkmm-tut-with-examples)
> and the generated html too.
>
> We also have generated HTML (and some funky generated XML of
> questionable use) in the tarball
> (in docs/tutorial/reference/)
>
> Could you give us some clues about how we might hack library.gnome.org
> to support that.

There is already support to get to the gtkmm tarball, since it is
listed in jhbuild modulesets.  Good thing.  Then...

Would libgo run doxygen ?  Or would it use the already generated HTML files ?

I believe the later to be easier, but would running doxygen have big
advantages ?  [pause, looking at gtkmm tarball...]

(custom {header,footer} fragment perhaps).

To make using generated HTML files definitely easier to use, it would
be useful to put all the content in a single <div> (basically
appending <div id="content"> to custom_header and prepending </div> to
custom_footer)

[back to general idea]

What I'd like to achieve is general support for HTML files available
in tarballs, which is quite common, and have a few parameters, such
as:
 - technical: directory in tarball, xpath to content div;
 - informational: module name, title, abstract.

[back to gtkmm]

As for the tutorial, easiest for libgo would be to convert to
gnome-doc-utils, would this be a problem ?

Nothing definitive in this email, I am definitely interested in adding
gtkmm to library.gnome.org (as well as other bindings) but would like
to avoid module-specific hacks.

Tell me what you think about this.

        Frederic