Re: library.gnome.org

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 11:42 +0200, Frederic Peters wrote:
> [1] Curtis: Thank for your suggestion, I tried to use libxml2/libxslt
>     but it didn't work since we create several files and thus pointed
>     xsltproc to a directory, which didn't work when using the API.
>     (error about output being a directory).

Well, you just have to do things differently then.  :)
There's nothing xsltproc does that can't be done with
the libxslt API.  I'd suggest setting the stylesheet
parameter db.chunk.chunk_top to true().  Then you can
omit the call to saveResultToFilename.

You need to pass the output directory in, so you have
to use runStylesheet instead of applyStylesheet.  And
you'll need to call exsltRegisterAll at some point.

But hey, what's the point?  Well, if you use libxslt
directly, you can register your own extensions which
you can use in your XSLT customizations.  That means
you could just steal the yelp:cache extension from
Yelp, which does speed things up.

We could probably also come up with extensions to
make index generation faster for gtk-doc.

--
Shaun