Re: *.gnome.org common header

> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 07:16:26 +0100
> From: Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org>
>
> Reading your comments and seeing your mockups I
> deduce the header at
> http://beta.guadec.org fits more or less in your
> requirements.

Looks great!

Few points:

* most subsites won't have their own logo, so
presumably the GUADEC logo will be replaced with the
standard gnome foot. Will that mean two gnome logos in
the header?
* a bit of the planet graphic is visible beneath the
lower bar, where it blends in with the thick pale blue
line. This is a nice idea, but it sort of makes me
think my browser is broken and is displaying the lower
link bar 10px too high.
* overall it's quite tall. Things like the grey bar at
the very top and the pale blue bar could maybe
removed?
* I can't figure out why the lower link bar has a
right margin. then again, I can't think of a reason
why it shouldn't, either.
* one thing Shaun's recent mockup has that this
doesn't is the strong sense that you're somewhere on
GNOME space. The white on black gnome foot & text is a
clear marker that would carry through all sites. Even
if we add the gnome foot to the top bar, the fact that
it's right-aligned will make it less visible.

(Not sure whether to add this to bugzilla, since it's
more about using this header across all gnome sites.)