Re: *.gnome.org common header

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:13:56 +0100
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

> I was thinking on a "Contact" tab in the GUADEC/subsite nav bar instead.
> It makes more sense for users browsing the GUADEC/subsite web, I think.

And here start the problems. ;-) art.gnome.org does this, too: They use
the "global" header but change the GNOME icon and link.

This is a good way to confuse users: they click "Main page > Community
> GUADEC > Contact". Now, where do they wanted to go? To the main page
contact or to the GUADEC contact?

I think a global header will fail.

A site is either part of the main GNOME web -- wgo -- and uses its
header 1:1 including the design, or it's not. In the latter case, they
should use no element of the global header.

This is, at least, my suggestion.

Cheers,
Claus