Re: Our docs online

> On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 11:37 +0000, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
> >
> > This really puts us to shame.
> > Go to http://www.gnome.org/support/ and you find the
> > user guide for.... 2.10!!!!!

Joachim, please note: Three months ago, there wasn't _any_ link to the
documentation on the main page. It was the number one question in the
FAQ: 'Where are the user guides?'

We already made progress! :-)

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 11:54:45 -0600
Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> I'm CCing gnome-web-list.  Somebody there should know
> how we can put your excellent work (and Brent's great
> PDFification) online.

Since the older docs are subpages and -directories of

 http://www.gnome.org/learn/

but they are not in the CVS tree, and I couldn't find any redirect, I
guess someone's uploaded them manually or there's some makefile magic
hidden somewhere in GNOME's small CVS tree.

There's also a bugreport about a wrong file for the accessibility guide.

If anyone from the webteam got an idea how this was done, and if anyone
from the docs-team is able to say how the HTML docs and tarballs were
generated, we might be able to make progress here, too! :-)

Cheers,
Claus