Re: Xandros promoting Linus' comments

On 3/9/06, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> On 3/9/06, Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Rajiv.
> >
> > We don't mind, really. Xandros are free to do what they like with other
> > people's public comments.
>
> I do mind, but I don't see much we can do about it :)

I mind as well and it's very annoying. They also have Linus' photo in
the email distribution I recieved.

From media relations stand point, comments like these are a disaster.
On the positive side, Ubuntu (voted the best distro by several
magazine and orgs) and Debian comes packed with GNOME as the default
UI. Maybe we could focus on this aspect of GNOME.

FYI -- After hearning about Linus' comments, I downloaded KDE on my
Ubuntu and tried it once but never used it again.

Rajiv