Re: List of GNOME applications

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 15:21 +0100, Claus Schwarm wrote:

> Second, it could be a test case for other resources. Depending on how we
> organize the web site in the future, we could disable comments for the
> front page news (I believe Quim Gil wants something like this) and
> move discussions to the forum.
>
> This might be a potential model for footnotes, too. There's also the
> possibility to replacing footnotes by a phpBB frontpage, I believe.

Currently phpBB is just too weak when it comes to controlling spam. I am
constantly fighting with spammers on gnomesupport.org. And alot of
people like the nested comment views that drupal provides on
gnomedesktop.org. It is a possibly though if things improve.

> If it's not too many work for you, I would really like to test this for
> a year or so.
>
> Add a section called 'Syndicated news' just like we now have GNOME
> Help, Discussion, and GNOME Art and make a single forum called 'GNOME
> Journal'. That would rock!

Done, I've created the forum. Although with the current volume of GNOME
Journal, is a script to syndicate necessary? It could just be done
cut-n-paste manual for now.

Also I have added you to the Moderator group. If you need anyone else
with Mod rights, let me know.

-Luke