(Potential) Request for UI- and feature-freeze break for Yelp

Hi,

Shortly before feature freeze, yelp was granted a new super-power: the
ability to repeat a search online.

This came in the form of a little comment at the end of the search
results along the lines of "Repeat the search online at The GNOME
Support Forums", where "The GNOME Support Forums" was hyperlinked to ...
the forums.

Since then, myself and Shaun have been trying desperately to get a
redirect script put up somewhere in gnome.org [1] which would parse the
query and redirect to gnomesupport.org.  This allowed several things:
1) To stop from breaking older Yelps if / when gnomesupport.org changed
its query style
2) In future would allow us to log searches and improve out search in
yelp

Unfortunately, despite our repeated attempts, this hasn't happened yet.
Since GNOME 2.16 is due out soon, there are three options
A) Someone with more weight than myself or Our Fearless Leader commands
the script to be put into place.  It happens, everyone rejoices.
B) We put the script up in one of our home directories (i.e. in
www.gnome.org/~dscorgie/ )
C) We remove the feature from yelp 2.16 (a.k.a the "throwing the toys
out the pram" option)

(B) is ill-advised as the account would then have to remain active
forever and ever.  Plus, if the account holder disappears, it wouldn't
be easy to gain access to change the script / read any logfiles
produced.[2]

Therefore, I'm requesting a UI- and feature-freeze break to remove this
functionality, unless the script is in place before the deadline for
modules for 2.16 (4th September). [3][4]

The break doesn't affect documentation.  It also wouldn't affect
translations as the appropriate part would only be "#if 0"'d out until
the script was put in place.

Thanks
Don

[1] Shaun has a very simple script available at
http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/yelp-search.txt
which would suffice for now
[2] Although, if we have to go through this much drama for every change
we want to make to the script, it actually sounds like a good idea right
now.
[3] The hard code freeze is on Monday 28th August.  Even if the script
is put in place, we need permission to change the code to point to the
new location
[4] Yes, it is blackmail.  Nothing else has worked.