From: Murray Cumming [mailto:murrayc murrayc com]
Subject: RE: localization of GNOME.org

> My suggestion for the website is simple; a wiki with different languages
> in
> the first subdirectory (e.g. gnome.org/en/ or gnome.org/de/, etc.). With a
> wiki anyone (I repeat ANYone) who can speak German, English, Swedish or
> any
> of the other forty odd languages that GNOME supports can create text for
> their localised site. Even those who have no technical experience at all.

And the translations will be incomplete and quickly out of date. People
then won't read the translations because they won't trust them as much as
the originals. Translation needs to be done properly.

I already notice that live.gnome.org delivers mostly-empty pages on
Browsers that are configured to request German. That's a broken web site.