RE: Revamped GNOME.org (on GNOME.org)

The idea of developing a front page is to decide what sort of feel the site should have.

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear but the email (‘Revamped GNOME.org (on GNOME.org)’ sent: 13:13 2/10/05 Australian EST) was more about getting the site somewhere that the GNOME community could collaborate and construct the site rather than only one person having control over the site rather than about the currently available one at geocities.com/bzctt’s flaws/not actually being constructed to anything deeper than the first page.

I agree the redesign of the whole site/structure is needed but everyone enjoys seeing something visible happening.

No, the front page is not that important in the whole scheme of things but it is a start in the right direction and having it somewhere that everyone can have a look/fiddle and see where the site may/will be going would be good.

I have built the front page to conform to the marketing-list's wiki, but I cannot effectively build a whole website on my own (particularly one of GNOME's size) - writing every bit of code - this is where the placement of the site in a modifiable wiki (or CMS though CMS's typically have a lot of admin to do. The idea with this is that there is no/not much admin to be done).

Btw. I will send an abiword file that I am working on at the moment to show what my ideas on organisation on/in the wiki.

Can everyone have a look at the marketing list's website wiki; it is really useful and is (in my opinion) the best way to organise GNOME.org.

Thanks,

Hugh Buzacott