Re: Drupal for 2006.guadec.org

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 14:44 -0500, James Henstridge wrote:
> On 09/11/05 14:15, Murray Cumming wrote:
>
> >That looks good. I have no love for wiki syntax (particularly not the
> >ugly lack-of-spaces that moinmoin demands of our pages). Just being able
> >to edit online is a big help.
> >

> Moin doesn't require that you use StudlyCaps for your page names.  You
> need to explicitly link to multi-word page names though.

Maybe it's just that our installation is a bit broken then. Giving
human-readable names to links is very difficult, usually requiring a
wiki:Self: prefix. And, as far as I can tell, it's impossible with
relative links.

This seems to be much easier with MediaWiki, though that has the extra
disadvantage that it encourages people to use page urls as page names,
making renaming difficult, and causing problems for
internationalization.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com