Re: Drupal for 2006.guadec.org

>>- Tasks par role: who can write, edit, delete, read. This ease a lot the
>>contributions / evolution of the site and decentralised collaboration.
>

> This isn't really a problem that we've had to solve so far. It's best if
> there are no limits (except for spammers) that stop people from
> improving the pages.

You haven't had to solve so far in htp://live.gnome.org - but I guess
not everyone has permission to edit http://gnome.org homepage and
actually I guess not even Foundation members may edit
http://foundation.gnome.org/

In the GUADEC site you don't want to let anonymous users to edit the
homepage, the registration page... don't you?  :)

> I'd really like to see an example site (in English) that offers
> wiki-like functionality. fridge.ubuntu.com seems to offer almost no
> interactivity.

Quick answer: http://wiki.bryght.com/wiki  Click on a page, then click
"diff" or "edit" and you are there.

Extended answer:

- The collaborative books module (part of the default install) allows
user to create pages (and subpages) with a hierarchycal structure like a
printed book. Users may edit pages and diffs are kept. Generally people
leave this editing only to (at least) registered users (i.e.
http://pw.english.purdue.edu/about ) but I have found one opened also to
anonymous:

http://www.idolblog.com/wiki/

- Generally Drupal admins don't miss the wiki syntax, the CamelCase and
the [[creation of links wit brackets]] so they stay with the Books
module, that accepts plain texts, HTML, PHP... (permissions on this may
also be defined by roles). But if you miss the wiki syntax you may
install the wiki module: http://drupal.org/project/wiki

If you miss free linking and CamelCase then you may install the freelink
module: http://drupal.org/project/freelinking

A good example of using the wiki functionality is
http://wiki.bryght.com/wiki , as mentioned.

This is the site from the wiki module developer, I guess it has this
functionality installed but I can't test it since you need to be (at
least) registered to create content.
http://www.msversus.org/

Other examples I've picked...

As you see, the result don't differ that much from what we have at
live.gnome.org

But hey, apparently the wiki functionality of Drupel doesn't satisfy
anybody. I found a guy who has developed his alternative wiki module...
for Drupal.  ;)
http://www.petersblog.org/node/484

<bad joke>About Ubuntu's Fridge, my suspicion is a) they are python
devotes so they populated their site(s) with several python tools and b)
then one day they discovered Drupal (yet another PHP based tool for the
masses) and now it's difficult to reckon that a single Drupal
installaton may cover most part of their very interactive websites (ok,
Launchpad apart) ;)  </bad joke>

--
Quim Gil      http://interactors.coop | http://desdeamericaconamor.org