Re: Simplified logo masthead

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Murray Cumming">

Because some of our friends and neighbors have browsers that don't
support alpha channels, I was looking at some sort of workaround for
them, but what Jeff already committed is fine by me.... A bit ugly in
that other OS, but truly not the end of the world.
Is it black on black in IE?

No, IE prioritises GIF over PNG, so the content negotiation passes over the
fairly arsey looking GIF to IE. :-)

- Jeff

It looks like this---see attached. FWIW, IE does support PNGs with alpha channels, you just need a little bit of magic. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q294714 Sane browsers should ignore the IE-specific style at the end that does the transparent rendering, if I'm not mistaken, so this might be workable, since that GIF does look lousy. :)

--
Ryan Pavlik
--

PNG image