Re: Simplified logo masthead

Richard Hoelscher wrote:

If he can't, I'm sure I could...

Though it's a bit late to mention, I think these mastheads are a slight
step back in overall appeal. Most of the headers are too dark and complex,
taking attention away from the plain foot rather than emphasizing it. The
exception is Bugzilla's masthead... I've been thinking about this for a
while, but the only decent workaround I've got so far is replacing them
with brighter images... For now, I'll keep looking for options.
Sebastien's mock-ups seemed to use a white shadow below the logo, which gave it some contrast against the header image. Perhaps making the shadow more pronounced would help?

James.