Re: "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" for all parts of .gnome.org?

<quote who="Ross Golder">

> >Yeah... can we safely put AddDefaultCharset in each VirtualHost
> >definition?
>
> I reckon so. What's the worst that could happen? :)
>
> Rather than add it to each virtualhost, I've set it globally
> (/etc/httpd/conf/defaultcharset.conf). If absolutely necessary, we can
> then use 'AddDefaultCharset off' if/where it needs to be disabled (that
> is, if/where it can't be re-encoded to UTF-8 at source).

Good call.

> The only other place where there's a AddDefaultCharSet is a
> 'AddDefaultCharSet off' in developer.gnome.org/doc/API. I've commented it
> out for now, but does anyone know what that might be there for?

I think they used to be non-UTF-8 generated. Could still be. Let's wait for
bugs though.

UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

    "Jane Austen is the Don Burke of romantic comedy." - Andrew Bennetts