Re: Logo on developer's page

IE has a real problem displaying transparent PNGs. Apparently that's
fixed in IE7, but thats no real use to use just now.

A bit of googling (I had the same problem with one of my work-related
projects) revealed that the problem can be fixed through some hacky
CSS:

http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/

a demo of which is here:

http://www.twinhelix.com/css/iepngfix/demo/

I'm guessing that the problem is that we don't want to use GIFs to
achieve the same effect (I realise that PNGs are better, both
technically and politically), but it looks pretty poor in the browser
used by the majority of 'regular' users...