Re: Revamped GNOME.org

> The problem is finding the point between irrelevant and empty. We need it
> look like something is constantly going on at GNOME.org yet I don't want
> the
> home to be cluttered and unapproachable to a new user.
> I will fiddle around with adding some news from gnomedesktop.org and try
> fill up some space or maybe add the 'Buy a GNOME shirt' in there to give
> the
> page a sense of community.

This is why I would suggest we had a couple of small boxes on the front
page with the latest headlines from footnotes, the latest art from
art.gnome.org or the latest software updates. This would help to give the
site a sense of community and activity. However, this raises a very
important point, as it will be difficult (although not impossible) to do
this without any scripting on w.g.o.

What is the current sysadmin position with regards to the use of scripts
on w.g.o?

-Thomas