Re: I need for some copywriting for gnome.org

I like it. A couple of thoughts.

Mmmm GNOME itself is not defined. It shouldn't be assumed that people
landing in this page already knows that is a Linux desktop.

A Free and Universal Desktop

With a simple, straightforward interface that everyone can use, GNOME is
a free desktop that removes distractions and makes computing fun. No
need to worry about viruses, complexity, or incompatibilities- GNOME
Just Works.

I would remove "again". It adds a nostalgia feeling that is unknown by
most of "everyone" that a) don't know that computers were fun anytime or
b) don't think that computers aren't fun nowadays (even if they only use
proprietary software).

> Easy to get
>
> With support from Novell, Red Hat, Sun and many others, getting GNOME
> on your Linux or Solaris desktop has never been easier- just [link to
> ~davyd/footware/]click here[/] to find out how to become a GNOME user
> today.

Do we need to put trademarks/companies here? I know GNOME owes them a
lot, but the risk of making others feel excluded are high. For instance,
what about Canonical/Ubuntu who is being a very popular GNOME showcase
for many new Linux users? I'm sure others may find other examples.

How about:

Easy to get

Becoming a GNOME user has never been easier. GNOME is the default
desktop [supported by many Linux distributions] and [Solaris].
distributions. Through its programming language GTK, GNOME is also
inside of [software used by millions] of users, also in other desktops.

Quim