GNOME Documentation Site Proposal

I would like to help out in updating developer.gnome.org. In particular
I am interested in reorganizing, adding new content to, and removing
stale content from the documentation section of the site. I have been
informed that there is work going on to make a new developer site, but I
think that a quick fix might be better at the moment than wait for the
new site to be finished.

There are a couple of areas that I would like to focus on that I think
will yield a documentation web site that is far easier for beginning
developers to work with. I have outlined some of these changes in
screenshots at the following location:

http://www.rpi.edu/~hensom/gnome/developer/

Basically it boils down to the following tasks:

- Reducing the number of topics on the main documentation page
- Updating the tutorial section by removing stale links and added
  new tutorials
- Merging the API's section with the overall look and feel of the dev
  site
- Enhancing the navigation aides on the API sections
- Creating a Components Section (Pretty much an update of the arch
  section)

I am basically interested in people's opinions on these changes and what
should be done now in order to hopefully avoid a duplication of efforts
on too many fronts. I do think that something needs to be done about the
documentation site soon though and that a few quick fixes might be the
best solution in the short term.

-- Michael