Re: Polishing the CVS application page

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 07:59, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Christian Neumair">
>
> > Am Sonntag, den 13.06.2004, 10:19 +0200 schrieb Christian Neumair:
> > > Currently, I consider applying for a CVS account a PITA because the
> > > developer pages don't mention how to do so. It would be nice if the page
> > > http://www.gnome.org/~chema/cvs_account.html could be moved to
> > > developer.gnome.org. http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html should
> > > contain a link, it should be below the CVS navigation level. The link
> > > http://www.gnome.org/trans_cvs.html is broken, maybe it should be
> > > replaced by
> > > http://developer.gnome.org/doc/tutorials/gnome-i18n/translator.html.
> >
> > Any news?
>
> Hey Christian,
>
> Here's what I'd love to do: Integrate the "how to use cvs" and policy pages
> we have, and put them all on... cvs.gnome.org! Then it's eeeeasy to link to
> whenever people ask about GNOME CVS issues. We can easily fix d.g.o to link
> to it once it's up.
>
> Anyone want to pull these together? I'll get it up on cvs.gnome.org as soon
> as it's ready. :-)

I don't really like making cvs.gnome.org the home for content; it's
not on the web machine, we don't have any management system for the
content there, and there's even been discussion of not running a
web server there at all. (it should be possible to
run viewcvs/lxr/bonsai on widget)

Currently, some information about policies can be found at:

 http://sysadmin.gnome.org/users/

(This page is done out of a checkout from a CVS root accessible only
to the sysadmin team.)

My feeling is that details about going about accessing the services
on gnome.org should be part of this page. Policies about who gets
to use the services and for what should stay in the account policy
document.

Regards,
						Owen