Re: Collected suggestions for index.html changes...

<quote who="Steve Hall">

> Where did the idea that the front page be suddenly re-designed come from?
> I do believe I started the whole appeal to face lift the protest look, but
> I never intended to imply a re-design, only to brighten the front door
> (jdub ;) or make it conform to the rest of the site.

The problem is that rather than just duplicating the existing design and
modifying it slightly to be more appropriate for the proposed front page
content, the entire html/css was redone.

I'm somewhat surprised at both changes, really. The change you made was also
a redesign of the front page (you need only have changed the CSS to make it
more approachable, that was the rationale behind the original design), while
this one is a redesign of the front page *and* a seemingly unnecessary
reimplementation of the internal page design. (No, I'm not arguing that the
structure of the front page shouldn't have been changed -> there are good
reasons to do so, but even the current front page doesn't fulfull them.)

If anyone feels like pulling the innards out of the current front page, and
putting them onto the existing internal page design, that would be kinda
cool. I was far too ambitious thinking I'd be able to get the new front page
out before or during LCA. 8)

    "Man, is there some worldwide consipiracy to supply me with doctored
             dictionaries or something?" - Adrian van den Dries