Re: Collected suggestions for index.html changes...

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 00:47, Steve Hall wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 21:16, Curtis C. Hovey wrote:

> > > I'm game, can somebody point me to what I diff against? A CVS
> > > somewhere? The page as served?! diff -c or -u?

> Ok, attached is patch and image required to complete. One caveat is
> the png transparency--somebody will need to verify in IE and let me
> know if it needs to be indexed to 256 colors or something.
>
> Open to comments.

It's very bad form to replace nice semantic and accessable text with an
image. "The GNOME Project" is the single most important piece of
information about this page, and it must be absolutely clear to idiots
(search engine bots are first-class idiots).  Even if the image were
used, it is semantically a h1.  I think we could get the same
presentation CSS using font-size and relative positioning.  I like the
image design.

sinzui cox net
Guilty of stealing everything I am.