Re: More consistency for friends page? plus a note about copyright

Thomas Wood wrote:

Perhaps this should be Copyright 2003-2005?

What you need to have is "Copyright 200x" where 200x is the date when the document was last published (there might have been versions published in other years, but the Copyright statement refers to the current one). You can specify multiple years, but it isn't necessary.

If the document hasn't been touched since 2003 though, then it is fine for it to list that year.

Perhaps we need some clarification on copyright too. I presume the web-site should be using the GNU Documentation License. Can anyone verify this?

The GFDL is a bit contentious, so I wouldn't assume that other people want their work licensed under it. It is an issue that should be clarified though.

James.