protest page is tired

How long is the protest front page going to stay up? While I
personally find software patents abhorant, it would be nice if the
site's front page revealed a little more about GNOME and presented a
little less angst to the first time visitor.

I respect those in our community who feel this is an important issue,
but the notion that GNOME is somehow always in protest is tiring. Let
our software, ideals, and excellent process speak a little more for
itself and point to a more thoughtful and academic site (or area) for
those that actually want to delve into the politics and philosophy.

Sorry for starting the week off with a hate mail, but it's a dreary
day here, and I think we all feel a little bit better about GNOME than
our website indicates.

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]

Cream... the Vim text editor in sheep's clothing!
  http://cream.sourceforge.net