Re: Elections pages on the foundation website

On 7/10/2003 4:08 PM, Vincent Untz wrote:

Hi there !

I'm adding the new pages for the 2003 elections to foundation-web. But
right now, the module is not really well-organized. E.g. we have
election-2000.html, election-2001.html, etc. at the root of the website.

I'm planning to move every content for the elections in directories like
elections/2000/ (in fact, I did this for the results of last year's
elections). Is it a good idea or not ? The main problem I can see is for
search engines, but their database will be updated after some time.
You can configure Apache to redirect people from the old links to the new locations without much trouble. Either in the main config file, or with a .htaccess file. The .htaccess file is probably a more convenient solution if it works, since you would be able to manage it with the rest of the website.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/