Re: Missing navigation

Hi guys,

I was reading through the web-list archives tonight and noticed this
thread (sorry, not on the list, so the threading will be broken). In
particular,
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/2003-November/msg00029.html

A couple of things that you should probably be aware of when making
decisions here...

(1) Right at this minute I am updating and correcting the joining-gnome
document. In the process, I am converting it to DocBook-XML. I'll commit
something back later on this evening.

(2) I'm not sure what Curtis means by "unifying" from CVS, but the
gnome-devel-docs module should remain the authoritative source here,
please. The reason being that gnome-devel-docs is about to be released
as a distributable tarball. There have been a number of requests over
time from people who want an offline copy of various documents. So I am
going to make this happen for them. Maintaining document in two places
is obviously unworkable, so hopefully the plan of being able to generate
pages from documents elsewhere in CVS is still being implemented. Adding
a target into the Makefile for that module so that 'make web-magic'
works is obviously possible, so when you guys have a vague scheme worked
out, let me know.

I have some idea on making documents go from DocBook-XML to something
that looks like the website, but I am still experimenting there, so I
have no official comment to make yet.

Cheers,
Malcolm

P.S. Not subscribed to this list at the moment, so please CC me as
appropriate.