Re: The GNOME website

On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 06:00, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller">
>
> > Jeff, what is the current status of the new templates? I think unless it
> > is actually imminent now we need to look for another way to move
> > forward.
>
> I was hoping to get the new framework up before Christmas, but I haven't
> been able to get it in shape - with linux.conf.au and 2.2 release stuff in
> the way beyond that, I have not had much time for it.
>
> I'm hoping to put a shitload of time into it once 2.2 is out -> that's only
> a week away, too.

It'd be REALLY great to avoid the fiasco over art.gnome.org. I'm not
flaming, and I and everyone appreciate all the work your putting in of
course. But I can never get over how a community that does everything on
open mailing lists and in open cvs, have to making a website or two, and
getting any info is like drawing blood from a stone.

It'd be really great if we could get an article up on gnomedesktop about
the future of gnome.org. I'd be happy to write it. All the good people
want to know is
1. What it looks like
2. Roughly when it will be done
3. If it will be put up on test.gnome.org or something like that for us
to poke at?
4. Is there anything in gnome cvs we can poke at?
5. When you will be accepting help. There are so many non-coders who
want to give a little back and who would love to help out on the site.

The idea of not being able to see something until it is finished is just
so foreign to us all ;)

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]