Re: "Why GNOME?"

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 14:40, Peter Bowen wrote:
> This looks a lot like www.gnome.org/about/; maybe it could get merged
> instead of being a separate page?  Or maybe about should be something
> different?

That makes sense-- most of those reasons are already there.

On the other hand:

On Sun, 2003-12-21 at 13:09 +0000, Stuart Lowes wrote:
A simple solution would be having different pages for each user type.
Each of these pages then can focus on the advantages for each user type
and can be written in the correct language (i.e. plain english for
end-users and more technical for developers).

We could have about/index.html be a short page, with links to "GNOME For Developers" "GNOME for business" "GNOME for Everyone" It's even possible that, if we keep it short, we can fit it all into one page. Then we could link to testimonials and success stories...

And screenshots. Gotta have screenshots.

a.