Updated Homepage Idea

I changed the links to reflect the same look at d.g.o I basically just moved
the style over for the navigation side bar in order to help users have a
consistant place to go for navigating the site. I also changed the other link
attributes to not have hover affects although I do think that a hover affect is
good because it gives some indication that the text is a link and I also think
it can just look a little more professional. I would be thinking either making
the text black on the hover or maybe a slightly lighter blue.

I also changed the top banner image to be closer same size as the other gnome
sites. It is a little larger just because it is the homepage and it should have
a little more graphical importance that other pages might (like the cover of a
book).

The only other change I made was with the css. I made a small image for the
background of the #masthead so it scales better. I then put the image in. The
large gnome logo I changed from being relatively positioned to absolute since
it was the same and it allowed for layering between the header image and the
logo. I set the z-axis as 50 to give some room for changes later. That is about
it. Let me know what you think.

http://ionrock.umemusic.com/gnome/

Eric