Re: Software Map

Stefan Rotsch wrote:
Based on that page, I made a mockup for a new "Software" page,
which will cover all applications associated with the GNOME
project.

I like your proposal, which I, in IMHO, think is the first step to a Software page where people can take an idea about GNOME's dimensions.

I'll explain myself: I think that we -GNOME- lack a page where users can go there and say "Oh, if I want to work with Audio files, my multimedia GNOME apps are...", "Oh, the GNOME-PIM project contains..." and so on (I know that this is close to KDE's projects initiaitve, but I think it helps in giving a more professional and solid impression as GNOME as a hole)

I'm currently thinking about it having four sections:
  * "Core Components" - Applications part of GNOME,
  * "Fith Toe" - Applications part of 5th Toe,
  * "Applications" - Applications associated with GNOME,
  * "Tools" - (Development-)Tools, Libraries, etc.

As you see, I think that here could be useful to have more sections (Office, Multimedia, PIM, Developement, Design, Networking...) instead of the Applications one (or inside it). I'm not completely sure where Tools section fits in this proposal.

and in a box the "Latest Updates".

So we'll need an automatic process to update this in every release, IMHO.

albert...