Re: protest page is tired

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 09:47, Steve Hall wrote:
> From: Luis Villa, Dec 3, 2003 2:21 PM
> > On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 09:15, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > <quote who="Steve Hall">

> > > o/~ I see a red door and I want it painted black... o/~ ;-)
> > >
> > > Here's the lame reason it's still up: Working on a fresh layout, didn't feel
> > > like putting the water back up and getting flamed. Lame! It'll be fixed soon
> > > and far more colourful (and informative), sorry for the black. :-)
> >
> > Since it's now mid-december... can someone else please volunteer to take
> > this off jeff's plate and fix this? :)
>
> I already did a 5 minute adjustment here:
>
>   http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v3
>
> It's mostly the same, but goes sky instead of Jeff's water.

<nod> I'll admit I'm not a huge fan of the gradient, but whatever- it's
much more cheery than the (now very out-of-date) protest page.

> Can I suggest that *whatever* goes up doesn't change the existing too
> much until the re-design. The last thing we need is a huge committee
> meeting on a temporary page without results or that shocks everyone
> into contention.

Agreed. Still, would be nice if someone JFDI(tm) and committed something
slightly less dreary and made it look as if the page was even /slightly/
maintained :)

Thanks, Steve-
Luis