Re: Website Update

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 16:54, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Haven't done one of these in a while... Thanks to Louie for nagging me into
> posting it. :-)

Thanks for posting. I was starting to feel there was no progress being
made. :(

>   - Aiming for live framework beta (LFB) after those intensive hacking
>     weeks. Consider this the equivalent to the first GNOME 2.0 Developer
>     Platform beta way back when during the 2.0 process -> it's going to be
>     rough, and Andrew Orlowski will probably say rude things about it.

Please send this to me as soon as it's somewhat usable. I'd love to bang
on it and get my head wrapped around the new system ASAP.

>     no more error-pron cron/mail launching stuff,

I hate it when my pr0n has errors ;-)

>     Documentation web page maintenance becomes a no-brainer.

Yipee!

>   - Jonathan Blandford has suggested that we replace news.gnome.org with a
>     holding page with prominent links to gnomedesktop.org, whilst we wait
>     for the new website and news feed. This is a good compromise, and a very
>     healthy move for our poor webserver, widget. :-) That will be happening
>     in the next week. Pay your respects (or otherwise) to Gnotices...

I'm loving this. Bring out your dead!

>   - Steve Fox is still giving the current website the beatings it deserves,
>     handling change requests and corrections nearly every day. I will be
>     buying Steve a case of beer when we have the opportunity to meet. So
>     should you.

How about Mountain Dew? :)

Thanks Jeff.

--