Re: question about cross-browser (i.e., old netscape) DHTML

On Wed, 2002-08-07 at 01:13, Luis Villa wrote:
> So... I'm thinking the Next Step for bugzilla usability and power for us
> is going to have to involve dynamic bug forms that are extremely simple
> by default but then allow the page to dynamically expand to a more
> traditional, powerful format without reloading the whole damn thing.
>
> Problem: Roughly 1/4 of our hits are from NS3->NS4.7. [1] So anything
> I/we do has to fail fairly gracefully in older versions of Netscape. Is
> there any hope for this to happen without doing javascript-y version
> detection? Or am I going to have to do something nasty-ish?
>
> Better yet, is anyone (other than Steve and Jeff- they need to be
> getting their butts in gear on the new site, dammit ;) volunteering to
> help out? It should be an interesting challenge for anyone good with
> this type of thing, and hopefully not too time consuming.

Bonsai doesn't use javascript to determine what browser you are using,
instead it detects on the server side and sends down different JS
depending on your browser.  I know that part of the code fairly well at
this point, so I'd be willing help you.

Thanks.
Peter