Validated HTML/CSS

Since my ability to contribute to the backend/implementation stuff is
about nil, I figured I'd try to create a valid HTML4/CSS2 template in
case it might be helpful:
  http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/0-0-2.html

This validates (W3C) without errors as HTML 4.01 Transitional and CSS2.
So if you're using anything less than Moz 9.3 or IE 5.5 it won't look
exactly right. (If you're using Netscape 4x it will look positively
barbaric.) Even IE 5.5 doesn't right justify the top navigation bar's
text.

I suppose I could work it up for NS4 using tables if that would be
useful, or I can do spend time on graphics (backgrounds, icons,
whatever). I cleaned up the GNOME foot logo (again) and have several
more background images almost ready to go, too.

Something else I'd like to see in static form soon is a static style
sheet and test page that specifies/displays most of the HTML everybody
will need. Anybody know if the documentation folks have something like
this as a start? Or should we start fresh? Is this even needed?!

Dunno how my capabilities fit into what else is being done... if you
have any suggestions for what I can do to help, please toss suggestions
my way. Thanks.

Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]