Re: Seperating Content from code, and making it transparent

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Joshua Eichorn">

An example auto prepend file is http://gnome.joshuaeichorn.com/prepend.phps
An example auto append file is http://gnome.joshuaeichorn.com/append.phps

Does anyone here think this is an acceptable solution or did i miss some really easy way to do this.

Hrm,

Just thinking about it a bit further, those prepends and appends will affect
anything that php processes in that tree, so if we need .php files for forms
processing or whatever, they'll be stuck between the prepend/append code up
there too...

We have the goals right, we just have to figure out the tidiest way to do it
without creating an unscalably complicated build system.

- Jeff

A php file would fit just fine into the sytem since its php code would be run, you would just have to make it output xml instead of straight html.

The only real issue with generated pages like that would be with caching but if they kept a php extension would could use different caching rules for them.
-josh