Re: Webhacking Status

<quote who="Michael R. Bernstein">

> Should I assume that the 'new news system' you're referring to is my
> proposal to switch over to Zope/CMF/Swishdot (from Zope/Squishdot) when
> Swishdot is production ready?

Ah, no, looks like I missed that. I'll add it to the list. Poop, I have some
good ideas for a sitewide news system based on some stuff I'm doing at work,
too. ;) I'll put this one up for discussion, I guess it's more of a
long-term thing as Christian mentioned.

[ The d.g.o stuff will be up shortly, we're actually smacking the tarballs
out now. ]

> Various look and feel modifications are possible in the short term. If
> someone wants to create a mockup of how they want the look and feel of
> Gnotices changed, I'll look into implementing it, but I'm a little pressed
> for time (hint: background and bgcolor changes are easiest).

Heh. :) Okay, is it pretty much block based? I'm not too familiar with
Squishdot admin. If you can give a quick run down, or even a link to a live
admin demo with this stuff available for perusing, I'll repackage the
existing mockups. Can we check all of this out without changing the main
site just yet?

Cripes, Gnotices will be the first Schexy GNOME site! Who'da thunk it? ;)

> The remaining fix to the current Squishdot installation (de-listing B-days
> from the front page), is waiting for me to get the time to take care of
> it, and I'm afraid I can't exactly say when I'll look at this.  Feel free
> to bug me occasionally to jog my memory. :-)

Groovy, thanks Michael.

    You know a French woman is faking it when she screams, "I would like
                     the table near the window please!"