[no subject]

Software

A revamped, expanded version of the Appindex. Should let you search for
software in a variety of ways, including category, file types it'll read
and write (very practical for all the people who come onto IRC and say
"What GNOME program can read a .foo file?", and so on. Possibly also an
equivalence index, where people can say "I need something like Outlook",
and it'll take you to Evolution.

#webhacker is my first go on IRC so I have no idea if there really are
lots of people asking what program can read a .foo file, but if the
numbers are significant it could be very useful. JMO but I think beginners
think in terms of applications but with a bit more experience they begin
understand file types and realise that many apps can read .foo and want a
choice (and therefore want to know all apps that can read .foo).

Anyway if you haven't got time, don't worry, once we get this into cvs
I'll get round to hacking it in sometime.

Paul

Paul Cooper                             |  Tel: 0121 331 7858
Senior Programmer and Database Engineer |  Fax: 0121 331 7859
UCEcom                                  |  mailto:pgc ucecom com
University of Central England           |  http://www.ucecom.com
Birmingham, B4 7DX                      |