Re: HTML/CSS templates

I just did a little round of testing on linux.

moz 0.9.4 nightly, looks great

netscape 4.77 looks good

netscape 6.1 looks great

I also tried lynx and links and it looked good in them too.

Thanks for the great layouts
-josh
digitect mindspring com wrote:

I finally was able to finish (mostly) HTML/CSS templates for all three
of our major target browsers:

Mozilla (Galeon):
   http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/2-0-1a-moz.html
Netscape 4:
   http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/2-0-1-ns.html
Internet Explorer 5.5 (at least):
   http://www.mindspring.com/~digitect/gnome/v2/2-0-1-ie.html

Obviously, your view of any of these will be horrendous without the
proper browser. :)  At this point I am reminded our of the adage, "You
can flame me know, I am full of love."

I had planned to do mouseover highlighting for the Netscape 4 version,
but it seems a waste given that the HTML is currently identical for all
three. NS4 mouseovers would require "table-ifying" all the HTML
navigation... blech. That platform is gonna disappear within a year
anyway, and I've already dumped 40+ hours on their CSS template. (No, I
am NOT addicted.) If you want to work it out I can put them in, but it
seems to me like too much overhead.

My last step is to work up a quick Lynx/Links (text only) version and
refine the IE template for Opera 5 (if it even needs it); so it looks
like I'm going to make Joshua's schedule. (Jeff: Can we get that posted
to the ToDo list?)

Then I'm heading on to refining and adding graphics (icons) and
developing the theming. I'm gonna need a resolved site structure to
proceed on that... can we try to finish discussing that over the next
week?

Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]