Re: From 'Your GNOME needs YOU'

[ My comments on the postings, here, not on Gnotices. ]

<quote who="Jeff Waugh">

> Or the software corner: where to get a video player or editor for GNOME?
> There is only a sond category but none for video/mm. The only chance is to
> use misc.  And I cannot search it. Rather, one has to use "third party"
> portals like Tucows to get an idea of GNOME's rich environment.

We have to convince people to use the new software map. This would help
immensely. How long are we looking at before having it up on the current
site? Can anyone help port data or anything?

> What I am missing is a rich web portal for GOME, having KDE.com as an
> example how to do it.

Perhaps an example of what we need on the site - not how we'd do it. ;)

> Start a website and collect wallpaper of interesting places (white house,
> tower of pisa(sp), parliament buildings, etc..) at different resolutions.
> Add hooks into this site directly into gnomecc letting users search on by
> name, location, country, random, etc..

I'm holding off on the work I was doing for the Nautilus site now that the
main web stuff has picked up. This is more important. I'm less interested in
doing a Nautilus site now than an integrated GNOME eyecandy site; at some
stage I'll get back to that code and bring it up to speed with the GNOME
site when it goes live.

> Architecture of GNOME libraries and components including overview, vision
> statement, use cases, links to references and tutorials (something like
> wikis on dev.zope.org)

More stuff for d.g.o. Not sure what people feel like with wikis on the site.

                           Wars end, love lasts.