From 'Your GNOME needs YOU'

Your GNOME needs YOU
--------------------
http://news.gnome.org/1002781202/index_html

'Timo Boewing'

  I have full trust in the development in GOME2 and no wishes so far but
  one: I see gnome.org as an extension to the GNOME desktop. While using
  GNOME for quite some time, I am missing one thing: the "web framework"
  around GNOME.  The KDE Project has a much more understandable system:
  kde.org is okay, but the killer is kde.com with a very well structured
  software map at first sight. Also, you get a direct overview on the KDE
  network by having links to all related webs for, e.g. KDE arts, Konqueror,
  Documentation etcetera.

  While being on GNOME, I only get an idea of how large the GOME web is by
  search engine, not by the gnome.org as such - I feel a bit lost; not due
  to information flooding but due to information deflation in some way. E.g.
  where to get additional icons for my desk...

  Or the software corner: where to get a video player or editor for GNOME?
  There is only a sond category but none for video/mm. The only chance is to
  use misc.  And I cannot search it. Rather, one has to use "third party"
  portals like Tucows to get an idea of GNOME's rich environment.

  What I am missing is a rich web portal for GOME, having KDE.com as an
  example how to do it.

'original ac'

  Start a website and collect wallpaper of interesting places (white house,
  tower of pisa(sp), parliament buildings, etc..) at different resolutions.
  Add hooks into this site directly into gnomecc letting users search on by
  name, location, country, random, etc..

'Amardeep Singh'

  Architecture of GNOME libraries and components including overview, vision
  statement, use cases, links to references and tutorials (something like
  wikis on dev.zope.org)

                          No pants is good pants.