Re: navigation

<quote who="Josh Ockert">

> how about a top frame with a dropdown list of links
> javascript could automatically send you to the link once you click your
> choice, and to make it compatible with non-js browsers, we could use a
> cgi script to redirect to the link....thoughts? comments?

1) Frames are evil, and no longer in the spec. (Hurrah!)

2) JavaScript is similarly evil, but sometimes a necessary one.

3) Dropdown lists of links would have to be one of the more annoying space
   saving methods of providing links. Most users readily recognise an
   underlined word, or a list | of | words | between | pipes or &middot;s as
   things they can click.

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------- http://lazarus.aphid.net/ --

      "In addition to these ample facilities, there exists a powerful
       configuration tool called gcc." - Elliot Hughes, author of lwm