Re: ChangeLogs on widget and canvas

(noticing this mail slowly)

Sorry Martin - that was my fault.

I did mail webmaster and sysadmin, but unfortunately I had a typo in
my sysadmin address and didn't notice the bounce.

Though there _was_ considerable advance notice, I did mail sysadmin
and webmaster multiple times begging for people to check over
www.gnome.org on the new machine, and Greg did do so on this list.

Regards,
                                        Owen

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> so I'm a little bit annoyed right now.
>
> Can we please avoid the following scenario in future ?
>
> a) you come to the machine and find out that www.gnome.org has suddenly
>    been moved to widget without any notice
>
> b) there is no note about this in /root/ChangeLog on either machine
>
> c) you edit some httpd config file to add an alias and when restarting
>    the httpd you realize that it won't start anymore due to a syntax
>    error in another config file which you haven't touched at all.

I'm not sure what is being referred at this point, but I did test
out things pretty thoroughly when I made the switch over.