My first stab at the site

I've been working with the SourceForge code for some time now and I
really think they've got a great framework we can build off of. So I
went ahead and took Joakim's HTML and slapped it into a minimalistic
SourceForge setup to see what others think.

Here's some reasons why I choose SourceForge's code:

1) It already handles themes very nicely. Each theme is defined in a
single file and can have its own images. Each section of the website
(developer, foundation, etc) could use its own theme.

2) It is written (a bit) using classes which makes the code very
reuseable.

3) It also features forums (which I haven't included yet) which could be
used to replace the current Gnotices code.

4) It features a software map (which I haven't included yet) that would
allow GNOME-based projects to register themselves.

5) I'm sure there are other benefits I haven't thought of yet.

So after all that, here's the code:
http://k-lug.com/~drfickle/gnomeweb/gnomeweb.tar.gz

You'll need to edit $ROOT/etc/local.inc to make $sys_default_domain
match your setup (mine is running on port 83 since the SourceForge code
assumes it's running on a DocRoot). You'll also need to edit
$ROOT/www/include/pre.php to match the location of your
$ROOT/etc/local.inc file. It's currently not doing any database stuff so
hopefully those two things should cover everything.

Please let me know what you think. I'd hate to spend too much time on
this if nobody likes the idea of using the SourceForge code. It's really
nice stuff though (especially after we clean out the stuff we don't
need).

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.com