Gnome Website in Bugzilla

Hi all,

I've offered to help with getting the website into Gnome's new bugzilla
our tasks and 'boogs' in a saner manner than people just randomly emailing
webmaster gnome org (not that they;ll stop doing that). It goes hand in hand
with what we're doing to restructure the site, so we ought to discuss the
best way of handling it.

In bugzilla (for those who haven't used it), there are products and
components; products are things like "GIMP", and components are subparts of
products, so the GIMP may have a "Plugins" component (which it does).

Because of how we're building the website, we'll need to put some thought
into how we arrange this. One possibility is having a "www.gnome.org" or
"Gnome Website" product, and then "gtk.gnome.org", "developer.gnome.org",
"gnotices" and other subdomain-like components.

Another is to have each major subdomain as a different product, which would
fall nicely into place with the bugzilla.gnome.org product. Whilst I think
Bugzilla should be separate, I'm not sure doing this for each major
subdomain is optimal -> however, it does mean we can keep everything tidy
and distinct.

There may be other ways to deal with it based on the architecture of the
site, so I'd like to hear any ideas you have before we rush in and put it
up. :)

Thanks all!

- Jeff

-- jdub aphid net ----------------------------- http://lazarus.aphid.net/ --