Re: New set of comps.

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 08:22:53AM -0500, digitect wrote:

>> There are basically two alternatives in the use of these designs:
>> Either
>> choose one, or use different ones for different parts of the site,
>> etc.

> I vote different ones for different parts. Maybe the sidebar color and
> Nav bar text color be adjusted for each section, too? Probably wouldn't
> be in favor of completely different hues, just shades of one.

I'd ideally like to keep link colors the same, for consistency, so not
everything changes. I'm open to suggestions, though.

> It would be cool if we didn't settle on a specific one so they could be
> interchanged (or even dynamic). But perhaps each site section has a
> theme:

> Home - Desert, sunsets, native American/South American peoples...
> Help - Floral, fauna, forest, fawns, fairies...
> Foundation - Ocean, ships, waterfalls, streams, ponds...
> Developer - Moonscapes, Marsscapes, asteroids, planets, nebulae...

This is something along the lines of what I was thinking. Although I didn't
want to go too far in the analogies and stuff. Mainly if we can get a splash
of color up there that gives a visual clue to what part of the site one's at,
that's mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned. Also, of course, they
brighten up the site a bit.

> The images are terrific! (Although "-5" looks a little smudged.) Are
> they Free?

They're images I had laying around my HD, so they're probably not free,
technically speaking. However, they're just very small parts of images,
stretched around and median filtered and whatnot (in some cases I
reconstructed the sky using a gradient, etc.), so it should not be a problem.
They're mostly for demo purposes anyway, although I quite like the desert and
forest images, I'm less happy with the ice and beach ones. We should figure
out how many we need (as many as the top level nav items, perhaps?), and then
figure out what type of colors/theme would fit each, and I'll hunt for
appropriate stuff.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Ximian web monkey - joakim ximian com - Radagast IRC
  FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer